Thursday, February 02, 2006

NFL Experience

Last night me Nat and the AP's headed downtown to the NFL Experience, 800,000 sq feet of football. Of course this wasn't without stress. Our friends, wanting to emulate me,
decided not to buy the tickets in advance, and when they finally decided to get them ,Ticketmaster was sold out.

We went down anyways, figuring if we can't tickets for Wednesday night, we'd buy for Thursday night and just hang out and see the other hoopla downtown. To my surprise still were tickets available at the gate, so we did get in.

Mr. AP wanted to throw a football first, he plays QB for my team on Sunday Mornings. We got in that line first, long line, but it moved pretty quickly. We did target practice first. You get three passes, you have to throw the ball through a hoop, which is being guarded by two defenders, and they are swinging. AP completed 5-6 (He took two turns) and I went 2-3. I was shocked that I did that good, because passing was never a strength of mine.



Next it was time for the 4o yard dash. Nat, the AP's and me all lined and raced, I won the race. It was funny to see the girls running and holding their hats at the same time. Since we all raced, I have no pictures of this.

Next was throwing for distance. AP won this event, his long ball was about 45 yards, which beat my 37 yard pass. The girls did OK, each passing for about 15 yards.

After that we walked around and checked out the scene, there was High School Cheer-leading competition, saw an 80" plasma screen TV, that I think would look nice in my living room, Cory Schlesinger was signing autographs (We didn't get one, they closed down the line right before we got in)

We spent about 2 hours at Cobo, where the Experience was, and then walked over to the RenCen, and see if anything was happening there. There wasn't to much happening, Radio Row was pretty much empty, and Sports Center wasn't being taped for a few hours. So we decided not to wait, and head on home.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

15 bucks for adults. I think 10 bucks for kids

 

Post a Comment

<< Home