Sunday, January 22, 2006

Bnai Brith Basketball

For the first time since I was in Israel for the year "('99-00) I played organized basketball. I was asked to join Schon Packaging.

I was named the teams starting point guard, I did a decent job of bringing the ball up and passing it to a wing to break up a zone. But we had some problems, this was my first game with this team, I didn't really know who can do what, and where they like to be on the court. Additionally, there were only about 3 possessions that I was in the game for, where the ball was touched by more than 3 people before a shot was taken. Despite being a bigger team, we got out rebounded and outphysicaled (Is that a word) by the purple team.

Ideally, I wouldn't play the point, I like to play on the wing, where I have more freedom. But for now the team needs me to play the point, so that's where I am.

For me, I look at this game a preseason or exhibition game. I know what I have to do next week for the team to win. I must be more aggressive. I think I took 3 shots, and got to the free throw line 2 times ( I hit 2-4). I need to drive to basket, create my own shot, crash the board and play physical on D.

I don't know the final score, but I do know that we were down 8, and the purple team went a big run scoring like 16 points in a row, and we got blown out. Hopefully next sunday I will be able to write about a win.

4 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

A high school in Walled Lake, not sure which one.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

So, when you say you're the bigger team, what exactly do you mean by that?

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

The players on our team are taller and wider then players on the other team. Sadly we didnt use our size as an advantage

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Next time, you could just, you know... sit on them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home