Thursday, January 12, 2006

commercials that bother me

I don't like most commercials, which is odd since the profession I wanted was with an ad agency creating commercials. Although I don't like listening to FM music, and I did train at Specs Howard to be a DJ, But I digress. I'm watching the Pistons game and I see dumb commercial after dumb commercial.

The worst ones have to be from PSP. The one that I think is plain dumb is where some guy has a PSP and then he throws it to someone, he catches and tosses it away. The next guy throws it away, and this goes on for most of the commercial. The message that I get is, this is garbage and everyone throws it to the nearest possible person.

(As I type I see one of the few good commercials, The lady at work installed a webcam and her fat husband stood in front of it in his boxers as her co-workers looked on)

Back to PSP, their other commercials are terrible as well. One sewer rat is listening to cheese, and his rat buddy talks to him. Then comes the genius tag line "PSP, it's like cheese you can listen to" WTF does that mean??

Dominoes commercial are dumb, the guy holding the toy mic acting like he's at at some award show. Thanking people, for ordering a pizza.

The guy who meets his buddies at a football, he has his face painted like a little girl, instead of just the team colors like his friends. If you see the scoreboard, the guy shows up late in the game. Face Painters in general are rabid fans, and don't show up halfway through the game.

I hate (OK, annoyed by might be closer to teh truth) Jared from subway. No reason, he just bugs me.

There are a lot more but I'll leave them for your comments.

4 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Menachem said...

did you see the southpark with jared?

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when the guy with the cat facepaint licks his hand - that's priceless stuff right there!
ok i agree, all those commercials blow

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Menachem - The South Park with Jared was on eof my favorite episodes - Jared has AIDS hahaha (aides)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

The king? I like when they superimpose him in the football commercials.

He is freaky when he shows up at someones window tho. Good call

 

Post a Comment

<< Home