Thursday, January 05, 2006

Karma

A few weeks ago when Nat was away I went to a bar with some friends. As we walked out of the bar I noticed a cell phone lying on the floor. I picked the phone and gave it to the barkeeper. I hoped that if I was in the same situation i would hope that someone would give my phone to the bartender.

( Fast forward to yesterday)

I went to the Post Office and I needed to check something on my Palm Pilot. When I got home I realized that it wasn't in my pocket. I looked all over the house, and couldn't find it. I ran back (OK I drove) to the post office, and asked the teller if anyone had found it. She said no, and neither had any other of the girls behind the counter.

I was really annoyed with myself, this was a graduation gift for my mom, and it had a lot of info that I needed. My only hope was that whoever found would be as a good a person as I was.

Late in the afternoon, Natalie received a call from her stepfather, Greg, he said that he received a call from a girl in Southfield who found a Palm in post office. He took her name and number, and forwarded it along to me.

I called the woman who found it she was thrilled that she got through to me, she had lost hers once and nobody returned it. She also refused the small gratitude of thanks that I offered her. She said she was just happy that she found it, and not someone who would pocket it.

I guess what goes around comes around.

5 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's awesome
i found someone's wallet at costco once. i gave it back.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has the makings of a television show. We could call it "My Name Is Shu."

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I dropped my cell phone on 34th street, in midtown manahattan. The odds are that it should have been gone for good, with hundreds of dollars worth of phone calls charged to my account. But, this guy walking to Central Station, on his way home from work found it, picked it up, and called my parents to tell he had found it. Not only did he mail it back to me, but he bubble wrapped it and put his business card in it, which read "Good luck with your future".

Those types of things are cool.
-OC

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger 2R said...

uh Earl...call karma...and..uh...maybe he'll come help...

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago when Nat was away I went to a bar with some friends.

hmm...interesting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home