Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The game

I had a pretty good feeling going in to the game that the Lions weren't going to win the game, but I was determined to have fun, wave my "Fire Millen" and cheer for the boys in Honolulu Blue and silver,

Our seats were pretty good, we were in the end zone where the Lions scored all their TD's, front row of the middle section. This made my sign waving easy, and not annoying to the people behind me, cause I just draped it over the railing.

I got to scream early as the Lions jumped out to a 14-7 lead. I heard some snide remarks behind me about how the Lions suck. I was tempted to turn around and let them know that if the Lions hold on and win, the Steelers would miss the playoffs. I value my life and good looks to much to have actually said it, but as they say, it's the thought that counts.

The second half wasn't as much fun for me, the Lions collapsed the Steelers came back and won the game big, and it suddenly felt really cold. I put a sweatshirt on over my Lions shirt, not cause I was embarrassed by the Lions, but I was ice cold. Had they been winning, I would think the weather would have seemed warmer, the sun burning brighter.

All in all it was a lot of fun, it was the first time I had gone to root for the Lions away from Detroit, I once went to Red Wing - Devil game in The Meadowlands but I think most of the fans there were Wings fan, so it was like a home game. Here there were like 10 people who admitted to be Lions fans.

Thanks Gershon and Brian, great time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home