Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Big game is in town

I had a meeting this afternoon in Downtown Detroit, and I figured since I was going to be down there anyways, I should check out the Super Bowl hoopla.

I walked down to the the Ren Cen where all the media is, and just gawk at all the craziness. As I make my way towards the Ren Cen, I see "The Bus" Jerome Bettis of the Steelers walking to a car and getting in. I grabbed my camera, but I was to slow, so I have a picture of him sitting in the car, but I don't think you can see him.

Trust me, "The Bus" is in the backseat

When I got to the front door, I saw Mike of Drew and Mike on WRIF, I used to be an intern for his show, so I said he, and schmoozed with him for a minute. I made my way inside and found the famed radio row. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't wander around and watch the broadcasts, but I guess it makes sense, it would be tough to do a radio show with hundreds of people milling around.

I started walking around the building, and I saw a crowd of people, I went to see what was going on, and I saw Dan Patrick doing his radio show, interviewing Lions great Barry "The Quitter" Sanders. I hung around and watched the interview. After Barry was done Chad Johnson took his seat and did an interview. It was kinda cool to see all these players not in uniforms and pads.

Barry talking about how tough it was to never reach the Super Bowl

Finally the Lingerie Bowl bus drove past me, I had to take and post a picture, Dennis Rodman is front and center

It was pretty cool, but for the first time in a long time I was wishing that I stuck to trying to be on the radio , it would have been amazing to take part in all the craziness that is going on town.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

So, why didn't you? If you don't mind my asking.
-OC

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

OC - Radio isn't the most stable career, especailly when you just start. It wasn't condusive to starting a new family.

Krunk - Honestly...no

 

Post a Comment

<< Home