Saturday, January 28, 2006

Two Super Bowl tickets

I don't have 2 Super Bowl tickets. But if I did who woud I take.

This was the question that Nat posed to me this evening. I told her, I would, of course, ask her first. But I would hope that she said no, and I could go with a friend.

Nat was taken aback and a little shocked at my answer. I told her that I would rather go with someone who is a big fan and has dreamed of going to the game since he was little. Sure it would be cool for us to go to teh game, but it would probably mean a lot more to my friend. I tried to equate it to something that she would love, and I would think was cool, but never really cared much for. I failed at example giving.

Who would you take, a significant other or a friend?

2 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, I have to agree. I would want to take some-one who could reall appreciate the once-in-a-lifetime experience of going to a Super Bowl. I'd take my dad. I wouldn't take the husband. Since he doesn't read this blog, he'll never have to know.
-OC

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Mrs. AP said...

I disagree wholeheartedly. Well, maybe not wholeheartedly, because I think it depends on the spouse in question. If the spouse couldn't care less about sports, or about that sport or game in particular, and says he/she isn't interested in going, than obviously take a friend. I'm sure non-sports-minded spouses would tell you that any day. HOWEVER, knowing the spouse in mind, even if she isn't AS MUCH of a sports freak as another particular friend might be, there's no doubt that she could absolutely "appreciate the once-in-a-lifetime experience of going to a Super Bowl." And then some. Obviously, I'm speaking for myself as well. :) Of course, that's my sports-minded-growing-up-with-2-brothers-and-married-to-a-jock perspective. I can't think of any sport's championship game I wouldn't be crazy-excited to go to. Okay, maybe golf. I'd tell Aaron to call you, Shu, if he ever gets tickets to the Ryder Cup or the Master's. So I say Nat should definitely get first dibs - and they should be offered happily and enthusiastically. Just my two cents. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home