Friday, November 02, 2007

We made it

Greeting from Israel, after the two , which seemed lie one, longest days in history we made it to my bothers.

Wednesday afternoon, me brother my wife and 4 id s plus me Nat and Jonah and Sammy packed into a 15 seater van, along with our 13 huge suitcases and treked to the airport. The first flight wasn't that exciting I played scrabble with my dad, and Yaakov and Devorah, I lost. We got into Atlanta and got onto our pane to Israel. The flight left around 11:00. PM, Jonah wanted to watch a video the minute we walked on the plane, but I told 
him he had to sleep first, which surprisingly he did.
My viewing pleasure was Shrek the third, Surf's up, Oceans 13 and knocked up. I also watched a few TV shows, I 'm hoping for a better selection on 
the way home.
I didn't get to sleep much on the plane because I had between 1 and 3 people 
sleeping on me at all times. Jonah slept most of the flight, sammy was OK, but 
very squirmy, and Nat behaved well also.
 
We got to Israel, exhausted at 4;30 Israel time, the sun was going down and Jonah was very confused, because he only recently woke up. We got our rental cars, packed up and after a long delay left the airport for Netanya, where we went to Pizza hut and had dinner. while we were eating there were several large explosions and we all dove for cover. Then we realized that it was fireworks over the ocean, and we watched. Finally we headed to my brothers up North, it was a long two hour drive, we got a bit lost and that added some extra time. The last 45 minutes was windy drive up and down mountains.

Last night was probably the worst night ever, Jonah slept in the car on the way to Netanya and then on the way to Maalot, so he was pretty jet lagged. Nat and I were totally exhausted. We got into bed around 1:00 and Jonah started screaming that he anted the lights on, this lasted a while and then we finally gave in. Didn't hep, he found something to scream as loud as he could until 3:30 AM when he went to sleep.

I think we are just hanging round today, maybe taking a nice nature walk, that's being discussed now.

Shabbat Shalom.

3 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger The Zwicker said...

Worst night ever? I assume you mean in your life and not the history of the world.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

Welcome to Israel! Glad to hear you made it. I lost $5 to Bell betting that you wouldn't make the plane. It was $5 worth spending, though. keep us updated on your adventures.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Zwicker, it certinly wasn't the worst day in history, in retrospect, probably not even the worst day in my life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home