Friday, July 20, 2007

Books

Last week I took Jonah to see a show about lizards at the Oak Park Library. Since I was there anyways I got a library card and took about a book to read. I read that book, hostage by Robert Crais, and when I finished it I read another book, Split Second by David Baldacci, which I finished around 2:00 this morning.

When I finished split second I realized that movies are far better than books for numerous reasons. It's true that when there is a movie based on a book, 99% of the time the book is better, but it you get through it in a few hours instead of days. Also, has anyone else that I know read those books, who can I complain to about, with a movie the odds are pretty good that other people have seen it.

Also book reading is a very anti-social behavior, you get locked up in a book for a while, ignoring the wife and kids, when all you should do is just flip to last chapter and save yourself about 8 hours of reading a book.

1 Comments:

At 3:05 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

This is just sacriligious talk! Is this what you tell Jonah about books?
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home