Sunday, June 24, 2007

The balloon festival

Last year Nat dragged me kicking and screaming to the Howell Balloon festival, and it was even worse that I could have imagined. SO imagine my shock when she asked me to go again, to be fair she did give me an out- but I went. Continuing to be fair, last year we didn't see the balloons going off we just did the other stuff there and head to home for a BBQ.

This year we were determined to see the balloons going off. So we brought a picnic dinner and went on the long drive Howell Michigan. We got their a little before 3 and the balloon launch was scheduled between 6-8. SO we walked around, saw the shows they had throughout the day, and it didn't suck. There was a skydiving show that did suck and then the waiting began.

We sat on the grass for an hour and half or so waiting for the balloon launch to begin, it wasn't to bad we had some friends with us Jonah and his gf were running around having fun.

The MC who was so annoying, kept reminding everyone that there was a good chance there wouldn't even be a launch if the weather wasn't perfect But finally around 7:20 they announced that the balloons could go. I have to admit it was pretty cool.

After seeing a bunch of balloons go off, I was done with it, but there were around 30 balloons that had to fill up and fly away. I would have been happy with 15, I'll admit it, I had a fun time at teh festival

3 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Where is Howell?

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

15 minutes past kensington

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Well, that's not toooo far out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home