Thursday, May 17, 2007

Could it be me?

I'm not normally a superstitious person but even I couldn't ignore what's been going on in the past week. Pistons vs. Bulls game 2 - my buddy Dan comes over to watch the game and he brings a Slurpee. The Pistons go on to win the game, same thing for game 3. Game 4 was supposed to be a cakewalk, it also happened to be Sunday in the middle of the afternoon and Mothers Day. I had places to be and things to do and the Pistons lost. Game 5 a few hours before tip-off I got a call from a friend, he had an extra ticket did I want to go. I went and the Pistons got slaughtered.

Game 6 - I called Dan and asked if he wanted to come over for the game, he said he would come. The game starts, Dan isn't here, at the half the Pistons are down 5. I call to find out where Dan is, he says he is on his way, did I want a Slurpee? Even though I had a slurpee earlier in teh day, I accepted his offer. He shows up at the start of the third and the Pistons go on a 12-1 run on their way to a victory.

Individually, there's not much to this, but look at it on a whole, and evey tiem I watch the game with Dan and a Slurpee the Pistons win the game.

And yes, I am feeling the pressure for the next series.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you are just a pawn, and dan could watch the game with anyone and a slurpee and they would win. Maybe its about Dan, not you.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

this is true, but I'd like to think this takes the two of us.

This does not bode well for the future since two of teh first four games we won't see (shavous and shabbos) and then I think I will be in Seattle for part of the finals

 

Post a Comment

<< Home