Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Frustrated

I am so frustrated with my computer right now. For the past few weeks, Word has been freezing up a lot. When I cut and paste something- freeze. If i plug in my printer while the computer is on - freeze. when things are going normally - freeze. Its a new computer, and its virus free.

I don't know much about computers, but I do know this, it shouldn't be happening like this. I fear losing all my work. One of my computer literate friends asked if the bottom of my laptop gets hot, which it does, he said it may have friend some hardware on the inside of the computer ( The files are INSIDE the computer(10 points if you know where that line is from)) which means I have to go back to the store and have them fix it, lucky for me we got insurance which hopefully should pay. The other thought is to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office. which I think I may do before I go back to the store and return it.

I think everything went to hell around the same time I downloaded the Google desktop option. if Google
F-ed up my computer I will be pissed and only use Yahoo. I have since deleted the program in case it was evil, but it didn't magically fix anything.

I hope I don't lose all my word documents when I do the office un/reinstall thingy.

9 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger O's fan said...

From past experience, you won't lose any documents when you uninstall office, but you should still back everything up to CD/thumb drive.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger stillruleall said...

its got to be zoolander...

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

It's definitely "Zoolander". Do you have a Pentium4 or PentiumM computer? Also, if this is happening, you should definitely be saving all your work regularly on a disc-on key or disk. When the sh*t hits the fan, backup is absolutely necessary.
-OC

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I just went out and gota thumbnail to back all my files into.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Air Time said...

its zoolander

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

yep its zoolander..what an awesome movie

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

Get Spybot Seach and Destroy - it's free. It searches for 'spyware' and stuff that hangs around your computer even after you delete it (like google stuff)

Website: http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I have spybot

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

It's probably not b/c of spyware.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home