Monday, August 29, 2005

Katrina

It's very rare that I turn the channel from the ones I usually watch to CNN and Fox news, but today was different. On my way to Dunkin Donuts to pick up a muffin for my wife's birthday, I heard the sportsstation talking about the Katrina in New Orleans. I changed to the station to a different sports station, an they to were speaking about the hurricane. When I got home I figured I may as well see what was going on.

It's crazy stuff, the reporter was having trouble standing, the superdome roof is leaking and now they say may blow off. When stuff like this happens a part of me always wishes I was there, to experience it (of course with the condition that I wouldn't be hurt) instead of watching it on TV.

For an interesting take on why this is happening check out http://lazerbrody.typepad.com/ Katrina's Message. (Hat tip Digital Irony's comments)

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

thanks for the hat tip, shu. Here is a link to my blog for more hurricane resources. I hope all of the people in New Orleans make it through this okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home