Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Out of shape

I remember a time when I could play ball for hours before I would be to tired to run up and down the court. Nowadays it seems like it happens during the first game. It was so bad that had T.O. been on my team, I couldn't blame him for calling me out and saying I got tired during the game. (To my credit, I did get a great second wind, and finished strong)

This means that I'll have to do two things that I really don't like exercise and eating right.

When I'm playing football or basketball I can run the route or finish the play and I'm usually good, but if I go jogging (it may be pronounced Yogging, the "J" may be silent" (God I love Anchorman) ) I tire and get bored by the time I pass my neighbors house. My new plan is swimming, it's fun and should get the job done.

Of course I say this every week, so why will this week really inspire me to exercise a few days a week, I dunno, it's possible that by next week, I'll make say to myself, man gotta get in shape, I'm gonna start exercising. This is like a new years resolution that I never keep. But make on a weekly basis.

Eating right is the other thing I hate. If something so in the kitchen, it's fair game, I'm not running to Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins or 7-11, if it's in the kitchen I should be able to eat it.

The problem with something like this is I only really think about it when I'm actually playing ball and feeling like I may drop dead right there on the court. It's like doing the laundry (as if I know) you only think about it when you're out of socks and underwear.

Time will tell how this goes..Wish me luck

3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Nat watch Anchorman with you? Lesley left the room after twenty minutes claiming it was stupid.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

To her credit she did sit through the whole thing and then told me how stupid it was

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

Welcome to the club! You're getting old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home