Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Madden '06

The latest Madden football game out yesterday, and no, I didn't run out to the store and buy it...yet.

Yesterday on WDFN radio they were discussing this game, and all sports video games. Do they help you understand the game more? One host was convinced that if you were to take the top 32 Madden players in the world, and plug them in as coaches in the NFL, you wouldn't see a drop-off in the real game (Take that Veev, it's not just a game, it relates to real life:)) The same would go for the Golf game. If you take the top video game golfer, and use him as Tiger Woods caddy, nothing would change.

I don't know if that is true, I play Football and Basketball a lot, and I don't think I could run the lions (although sometimes the lions play calling is so predictable, I think I can coach them)

Anyway back to the game. I've played Madden for years, since before I had an XBOX. I used to play on Sega Genesis when it first came out with my friend Elly, had it on game gear, played it on PC, and finally I had it for XBOX.

Then came the ESPN version. It cost only 20 bucks, and the game was OK (Thanks dav and Shany for the game) But it doesn’t compare to Madden, and at some point I will have to go and get it.

I was talking to Jonah, and he mentioned that for his first birthday present he would love it if he could get the game, so if anyone out there is trying to figure out what to get Jonah for his first birthday, he wants Madden (It sounded like this baa abbaaa gaa bkkkk madden) Since I'm his dad I understand his language

7 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

Yes! Take it from a fellow Dad. We can definately understand their so-called "babble".
P.S., The Digason wants a Hummer...

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you deserve a prize for not missing so many layups last night.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Thanks anon...Winning a few games was prize enough

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

She would probably agree that it's teh perfect gift for him. Or another thought is, Nats birthday is this month..Maybe I'll get it for her

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger DonutsMom said...

August 29th and Shu - don't you even think about getting me Madden for my birthday.......or Jonah's.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger O's fan said...

Don't listen to her Shu, she's trying to use that reverse psychology trick

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

heh. the decision has been given - No maddden (for Nat or Jonah)! I'll take it, though. I don't have an Xbox, but I'm sure it comes on a shiny DVD that I'd love to look at. Why don't you get it for us? Our anniversary is next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home