Thursday, July 28, 2005

I drove and drove and drove

I spent way to much time in the car in the past day and a half. Here’s a rundown

Wednesday
3:00 pm Nat and I played a racing game on XBOX, I think she beat me 4 of 6 races.
4:00 – 9:00 Drove to Pittsburgh. I ate a medium pizza on the way. Impressive stat, When I left, I called the people I was stayig by and said I should get there around 9. I pulled int their driveway at 9:00

Thursday 8:30 – 12:15 – went to Harrisburg. I didn’t do the driving, Sitting in the passenger seat can be pretty boring. I couldn’t really sleep though, since I was the navigator.

1:00 – 2:00 Meeting at ad agency – pretty productive, worth the trip? Yea… I think so
2:00 – 5:15 Back to Pittsburgh, again I didn’t drive, but still locked up in a car.
Interesting thing. At the end of the trip, my esteemed driver made a wrong turn, and drove past a church. There was a message on the billboard that said “you are iun the driver seat God has the map” Since I had the map, I think was saying that I was god. Did wonders for my ego.

5:30 -11:15 Homeward bound. I had a passenger with me, thankfully, because I was exhausted. I still drove the whole way, and had just 2 slices of pizza. (after the medium I had the day before I had to cut back.) This could have been an amazing return. We made great timing, didn’t stop one time, and we were on pace to get home in four and a half hours. But then with about 40 minutes to go we got stuck in traffic. We sat there for 47 minutes and drove about 3 miles.

I drove, or was driven over 1,000 miles, spent most of my waking hours in the front seat of the car. Now I’m in bed, and going to sleep.

8 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger stillruleall said...

At least you can wake up tomorrow and watch cable!

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

לילה טוב
-OC

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two questions:

1. What kind of pizza was the medium?

2. You write your blog in bed?

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

1. It was a plain cheese pizza
2. yes, there are times I write my blog in bed. Before I hooked up wireless internet (anytime before this morning) I got a signal from a neighbor, but only if I was in my room. so I had to write in bed

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

“you are iun the driver seat God has the map”

So wait, if you are God,the one with the map, that means that the driver is you. Which, apparently he wasn't since you stated you were in the passenger seat. There goes that theory.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

No the driver was brian. I was with the map (god). My theory, or rather the billboards theory, still stands

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only if Brian is the one reading the sign.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Why does Brian have to be reading the sign. he is in the drivers seat, that is a fact. I had the map, also a fact. according to the sign, god had the map (fact?) since I had the map, I must be god..according to the sign of course

Julie - Glad I can make you laugh so much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home