Monday, July 18, 2005

"OUR PLEASURE"

I hate the saying "it's the least we could do"it sounds like you're saying if there was less that I could have done I would have done it, but still people use this saying a lot, when they are being thanked for something.

That being said

As I mentioned last week, We (we being work) had a meeting cancelled due to a death in the family of the person we were meeting, and we sent her flowers.

I called her today to reschedule and sent her my condolences. She appreciated it, and thanked me for the flowers.

As the conversation was coming to a close and we set up our meeting, she once again thanked me for the flowers, and I said "Our pleasure"

4 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Well, it was the least you could say...
-OC

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Haha! I got nothin. Just really funny.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

That was very deep!

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon after 9/11, people started sporting American flags on their cars. Dennis Miller's response to those who said, "It's the least I could do," was "You're right. You couldn't do anything less."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home