Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Man plans and G-d Laughs

My mothers favorite saying never rand more true (truer?) than today. I came to work excited about our meeting in Harrisburg, I even wore a suit!! and then we get a phone call from the agency that we are meeting with. Hopefully its just a confirmation call, to say that the meeting is on right...no.

Unfortunately the woman who we were supposed to meet with had to take a bereavement leave for a days, and obviously and understandably we have to be rescheduled to a date unknown as of yet.

Here is where things get interesting; we decide that the right thing to do is to send flowers. But we don’t know died, just that it must have been someone close to her. So we start going through the obituaries, hoping to get lucky, which we do.

We find the funeral home and all that, but it doesn’t say where to send flowers,. So I call up the office, and ask where can we send flowers, and the girl I spoke with said she wasn’t sure, they were looking through the paper to see where the funeral was.

I knew that info, but I didn't want to make it sound like i was stalking this lady, so I kept that to myself. In the end we called the funeral home, and they gave the info we needed, and we sent her the flowers.

3 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger 2R said...

you think that's mom's favorite saying?

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

yes I do, maybe she had a differen one when you lived in town, but since you left, it's become her favorite

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

I'm not sure God was laughing... but I get your point :) Good detective work, Watson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home