Friday, July 08, 2005

funny story

I came home from work today at around 3:20 or something, and I noticed a guy just sitting in his car in front of my house. I didnt give it much thought, and forgot about him. About an hour and a half later, I went to take Jonah out for a walk, and he was still there. Now I began to wonder, why is that guy still in front of my house. So as I walked I would turn and look behind me, to check if he thought since I was out of my house, it would be a good oppurtunity to do whatever it was he was planning. He did get out of his car, and I saw him walking into the shul/school that is across teh street from me. I called up someone who is in charge of teh shul/school, we'll call him Magglio, to see if he was expecting someone. He said he wasn't, and asked if I go and see what the guy wanted. So because I live for dangerous missions, Jonah, who was sleeping at this point, and I went in the building to snoop around. We walked through teh main floor, and didnt see anything strange no people an dnothing was out of place. I went out and called Magglio to say that his car is still in front of the house, but I didnt see him. i also didnt check teh second story, which si where the main synagogue is because I had Jonah and he was sleeping.
Maggliodecided to come by and check it out. He came by and we went upstairs, and sure enough there was teh guy from teh car sitting in on a bench in teh lobby of teh main sanctuary. He got up when he saw us, and asked for a job in teh maintenece dept. He said he waiting for us to come by. The guy, who we'll call Rasheed, informed us that Lord told him to stop by, and wait for us to stop on by, and Whala, here we are. Magglio told him thats great but he couldn't do teh hiring because its contartced out, and he should stop by on Monday morning. The guy said OK, and then reminded us that the Lord told him to wait and we showed up. Magglio still didnt seem that impressed.

12 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

i just want to know how you come up with your characters names

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

usually they just come to me.
some are names I'm not allowed to name future children.
Many time I post, and watch teh Tigers at the same time, therefore a lot of my names belong to Detroit Tigers

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Whala, what a story!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger stillruleall said...

She wont let you name a kid Rasheed? Thats just mean...

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger DonutsMom said...

Not Rasheed. But Tayshaun perhaps. That came up last year during the NBA finals when Jonah was just a fetus. We called him Tayshaun. :)

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger 2R said...

That is a funny story. When I have a funny story like that I usually call Golda. If she doesn't answer then I call Sim. It's what I do...

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Umm...Shu, no, it's not.
-OC

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

no whats not?

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Seth said...

I would just like to say that it is indeed a funny story. I would also caution that sometimes the L-rd sends us messages in unexpected ways and we have to respond. And sometimes poor, crack-addicted wannabe missionaries like to pretend (and occasionally even believe) that they were sent on from a higher calling. If that's the case, I just recommend staying far, far, far away. For some reason these people tend to be of, shall we say, dark skin. Although I did have to entertain a WASPy wannabe missionary for several hours on a flight to Edmonton once. It wasn't so much fun. See my blog for the story.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Let's just say it has nothing to do with this story.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

seth i dont think he was a missionary, he just believed that the Lord sent him, he didnt try and convert us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home