Saturday, June 25, 2005

awkward

It's interesting how you can meet the same person twice, (without knowing it) one time you hate him, and the second time, you are indifferent to him.
I was walking home from shul, talking to someone I knew about my job, and Seth was walking with a friend of his up ahead. His friend must have overheard what I was saying, and started talking to me about my job. As we entered the apartment building where everyone lived, the guy who we will call Franklin, said that I looked familiar and asked if I had ever been to Chicago. I said I had been, and I haven family there, but I doubted that eh knew them. He asked what my name was again ( we had been introduced before this story started) I told him, he thought for a moment and asked " are you married to Nat". It was then that I remembered that I hate him.
When I had first met him I was visiting (not dating) Nat in Chicago, and he was there, they had dated on and off for a while, and I thought (and I wasn't the only one, my friend who with us had the same thought) that he was ass, and we didn't like him.

Back to shabbos, while I was realizing that he was the Franklin that I hated, he said he wanted to talk more with me after dinner,r could he come up. I said it was fine with me. Nat wasn't so thrilled to see him either, he came with his wife, he probably wasn't thrilled to go and meet frankies old GF and therefore she dint say anything . Oh and by the way they are really close friends with Seth and his wife.
So he came up, chatted with us for a while, not at all about work, things go uncomfortable, so I told great Seth stories from the past. And then they left.
apparently the next day while Nat was coming to shul, he was leaving, she said hi and he totally snubbed her. I'm guessing his wife wasn't happy thathe came and said hi to her, but that's just my guess

5 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger rockofgalilee said...

just say no.
or "Maybe Next Time"
or "I thought Franklin is a turtle"
or "We're busy"
...

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger stillruleall said...

franklin is a turtle. Why franklin?

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

not sure why I chose franklin, just the first name to come to mind

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Seth said...

Can I just say, as the person who was in the middle of all of this, Good L-rd! Awkward doesn't give it full justice. I would have to say it was all around unpleasant.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

I don't know "Franklin", but I do think he never should have come over. I wonder what he was thinking. To make his wife and natalie uncomfortable, and to make Shuly akward, what was he doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home