Thursday, June 16, 2005

Messed Up

A while back I mentioned that I got a speeding tocket somewhere in Ohio, and that absurdity that they charge it to your credit card on the spot. Well today I recieved in the mail at my parents house, not mine, a letter sayin that I missed my court date, and I have another scheduled, or I can pay them 130 bucks. This was pretty confusing, since I already payed the ticket. So I called teh courthouse and was informed that my credit card didnt go through, and therefore I had to appear in court. I tiold teh lady that I had a receipt, and she laughed and said, teh police dont have a machine on them, they radio your numbers in to the station. This is a direct contradiction from what I was told by a cop during a different ticket, who apologized for it taking over a half hour, but his credit card machine was broken, and he hadto do it manually. But I digress.
The lady on the phoen asked me if i wanted to speak to bookkeeping and straighten this out, sincethe ticket price is now higher then it was when i first "paid" it. I said yes, and she transferred meto bookkepping, sort of. I was on hold for over five minutes before the line went dead.
The whole story is messed up. First they want to charge me extra for missing ac ourt date, even though they never informed of it, and they sent a letter to the wrong address, and finally hung up on me when I went to pay it.
Now here is my question: The reason they take a credit card and charge you , is because Michigan and Ohio don't have reciprcal laws. So as long as I dont ever get stopped in Ohio again, I shoudlnt have to pay, and they cant do anythig. If they can do something, well then they continue to lie. That being said the odds of me not gettinga ticet in Ohio is slim, so I'll call them back tommrow and pay the stupid thing.

5 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger 2R said...

I would double check that you really calling the police and that they are not just messing with you. This sounds really sketchy

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger O's fan said...

Why don't you check your credit card statements and see if you got charged?

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

We did check, and didn't get charged

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Seth said...

At least you don't get points. I got a ticket in Pennsylvania once for going 86mph when I had really been going about 110. I tried to challenge it b/c I figured the cop had just guessed at my speed and didn't actually catch me with his radar, and that I could get off on a technicality. But he actually did catch me at 86 - must've been when I slammed on my brakes when I saw him. Anyway, he told me that I wouldn't get any points b/c Michigan doesn't give points for out-of-state moving violations.

"Yes! Michigan!" (Remember those commercials? Ahh, memories)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I found out what happened, the police man took wrote down my credit card number incorrectly, and thats why it didnt work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home