Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Opening Day..Many years ago

I just heard a story on the radio about a mom who took her daughter out of school for a hair appointment. The school decided that it was unexcused absence and gave her detention. The mom thought it wasn't fair, and so she took the detention for her daughter.
Why am I telling you this? It reminded me of a story that happened when I was in 7th or 8th grade I asked my parents fro tickets to opening day at Tiger stadium. The said if I could get there I could go. They went on a cruise and I forgot about the promise. I went to school like any other day and brought my little radio and ear plugs and planned on sneaking it throughout the day.
My oldest brother, airtime, came to school to pick me up, telling the office, and me, that I had a Dr Appointment. I didn't remember having an appointment, but eh said that it was on the calendar. As we were driving I mentioned that he was going teh wrong way. He informed me that the doctor’s office moved to the corner of Michigan and Trumbull. Better known as Tiger stadium. He dropped me off with my aunt, and she took my cousin and me.
When the school found out what he did, he was called into the office and scolded for his irresponsible behavior....ahh just a nice trip down memory lane.

3 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger 2R said...

Would that be the same airtime brother who was supposed to be watching us when he took a trip with his friend and drove to chicago for a burger? oh the memories...

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Yishai said...

heh. I've heard that one before. Who ratted out airtime?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

no one ratted out airtime..what happened next was dumb on my part. We got back from the game around 3:45, school ended at 4:00 my bike was at school, so I went to school wearing my brand new Tiger hat, to get my bike. Knowing that I would see my friedn and gloat that I got out of school for a game. sadly, the principle saw me, and put 1 and 1 together and I was busted. or rather airtime was busted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home