Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weddings

Generally speaking, I don’t enjoy weddings, I don’t dance, I don’t like ceremonies and they take forever. Of course I enjoy the smorgasbord and the free booze but I can do with out the Chuppah and dancing. Nat and I went to a wedding of good friends on Sunday. We left Jonah at my parents, which always make for a nicer time. It didn’t start out good, we missed most of the smorg, and the chuppah had multiple speeches. It did have its bright spots I saw some friends that I haven’t seen in a long time. The freddies and elly’s which is always nice. Once the ceremony ended and the meal began things got interesting, the brother of the groom gave a funny speech, and then the uncle sang a graman and rhymed “Venus” with “penis” Everyone got a good laugh out of it. The capped on the night was I got to dance with my lovely wife, who for the longest time has tried to get me to take her dancing or take dancing lessons, which I have always refused. This is night however we danced the night away.
I would have to rate it up there in terms of weddings I enjoyed. The combination of seeing old friends, good smorg/bar, dancing with the wife, and no baby all night, made for an enjoyable time.
If you’re reading this Mazal Tov Daniel and GJillian

3 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger stillruleall said...

We live in like parallel worlds man...my lovely wife always wants me to go dance with her, i never do, but the other night we went to a bar mitzva and danced the night away....whoa...

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger rockofgalilee said...

A couple years ago we went to a wedding on our anniversary. An old NCSYer asked me what we were doing for our anniversary and I told her we were going dinner and dancing. That really threw her for a loop. She didn't know that there was a kosher place to do that in Detroit. It took her a long time before she finally figured out that we were going to a wedding and it was separate dancing.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Sim, you are a party animal...

Dav, I thought you were my dancing partner...

Shu, who was the band?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home