Thursday, July 07, 2005

a little morbid

A Pittsburgh Steelers fan, or former fan I should say, has made national news recently. Basically he passed away from cancer, and had the viewing at his funeral set up to look like a typical Sunday afternoon during football season. He was in his chair, with his feet crossed, a beer and pack of cigarettes next to him, and a High Def TV playing Steelers highlights. His family friends said this is how he would like to go. I think this is a interesting idea, trying to jazz up a funeral. Purely hypothetical since, as a Jew we don’t believe in viewings we just go in straight to the box. But if you could what kind of send off would you want. Even I think that this guys set-up, while original, is pretty shallow (I hope I didn’t shock my readers to much with that statement) I think I would have a family set-up, maybe set the viewing up like my family BBQ have mannequins dressed up to represent my family, that would be fun and interesting. Even if I wanted to imitate this guy, as a die hard Lions and Tigers fan, I think I would just depress everyone even more by making them watch highlights of the Leo’s and Tigs

8 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

that's funny, my hubby keeps changing rabbi's that he would like to officiate at his funeral.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger 2R said...

i dont' want anything to do with my funeral. Surprise me.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Ditto

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

Yeah, but at least the people at the funeral sure were not bored and were being entertained! And with HiDef no less!!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

2r - i think maybe I would set you up in an NCSY type setting, teaching young minds about the proper ways

Veev- not sure about you, maybe giving out lollipos to underage kids :)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Touche

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Menachem said...

how did i miss this post? too late to comment now, no one'll see. too bad.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

its never too late

 

Post a Comment

<< Home