Sunday, July 24, 2005

Nerves? nah...

I have meetings with two school districts that are interested in our program tomorrow. It won't be my first time presenting o a district, but it will be my time with the Boss observing. I'm pretty confident I know the material, and my training in radio school should help my presentation as well.

During one of our drives back from Pittsburgh Nat was watching a movie about a guy who was kidnapped (bear with me, there is a point to this story) . The whole time the kidnapper was telling the guy that they had to go to a specific spot, and that's where he would meet his bosses.

At the end of the movie (Spoiler time, although I don't know what movie it was) They get to the spot, and the kidnapper shoots the guy he kidnapped.

Before he shot him he explained, he told him they were going to this spot because this is where he envisioned killing the guy. He wasn't nervous at all, even though he never killed before, because in his mind he's killed this guy numerous times. This was just one of those times.

Where am I going with this, no I'm not going to kill someone, but I'm hoping that his plan works. In my mind I have given my presentation, I have even answered their questions that they may ask. I've gone over all the situations I can think of.

I didn't learn about this from the movies. When I was younger and getting in trouble I would always go through conversations with my parents or teachers in my head before I would talk to them. It has never worked. There have always been variables and the conversations I have in my head never match up with what happens in real life.

Well hopefully tomorrows meeting will be go smoothly, just like in my head, and no I'm not crazy :)

4 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger O's fan said...

Good Luck!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger DonutsMom said...

It wasn't that he envisioned killing him in that spot, it was that he envisioned killing him at night. So they had to hike all day until it got to be dark out.
I wonder what the movie was called....

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

How did the meetings go?

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

The meeting went great. The schools that I met with were vry excited about our program, and wanted to get things moving

 

Post a Comment

<< Home