Friday, August 12, 2005

The trip

The day started ominously as I was woken up by a THUD followed by screaming. Jonah, who had decided in the middle of the night that he'd rather sleep in our bed had, decided he wanted to get off the bed. The obvious problem being he couldn't, and he fell off, thus creating the thud that woke me.

Our flight was scheduled to depart for St Louis at 9:30, and we were running late. We finally got the car loaded up, and stopped by Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. As we were pulling out of the drive-thru, Nat realized that she had left her engagement ring at home. As we turned around to go and get it, said to Nat "wouldn't it be weird if we miss the flight by a few minutes, and then the airplane falls out of the sky. Had you remembered your ring we would have been on it."

Nat told me to be quiet, and that "I'm not funny"

WELL we get to the airport at 9:05, our bags get checked through. But they couldn't guarantee that they'll make it on the flight. "If not this one, they'll be on the next one". Great so we may or may not have to run back to the airport on Friday afternoon and find our bags.

Security is crazy busy. I keep telling myself that we'll be bale to make the flight, but I know that the chances are slim. We finally get through security (surprise surprise, neither Nat, Jonah nor myself had any weapons, and so we were a waste of time and manpower for the secuirty team ) we run to gate A-10 and could only watch as the plane pulled out.

We go to see when the next flight is, and hope that they have extra seats, when we hear a loud BOOM!! We look out the window and see a plane, our plane, go up in flames. My first thought was “man I’m like a freakin prophet" My next thought was "I hope our luggage also missed the flight."

After they cleared the debris, There were no casualties; the plane caught fire while still on the ground. We caught the next flight into St Louis, and arrived a few hours later then expected.

(ed. note - Parts of this story are loosely based on the truth, and some are just completely false while others are 100 % true.)


4 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger stillruleall said...

Good story. But if there are parts not true, why are there no injuries on the plane?

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger 2R said...

Dad would love this. One time he was on a plane that was hijacked and he decided that he wasn't going to let them take him, so he opened a window, used a blanket as a parachute and jumped out.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I was debating if I should kill off the people on the plane. Initially I wasn't going to say that it was part false, and if their were a lot of injuries it would have made big news. Like the plane in Greece.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

you're so funny. I love the line about natalie. I can totally see her saying that, and can even picture her expression -(sorry Natalie, it's funny!)

Nat told me to be quiet, and that "I'm not funny"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home