Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Lions

Thank you Gabi for hooking me and Nat up with tickets to last nights game, we had a great time. Nat had a better time since her Rams beat the living crap outta the Lions.
I would also like to thank the Lions for the gift they gave Nat, they didn't show up, and her Rams had little resistance.

The Lions showed that they are same old Lions. At one point in the game the Lions were first and goal, from about the 7. I turned to my beloved and said, if the past is any indication, they will lose 10 yards and kick a field goal. Sure enough, on the next play they scored a touchdown, but had it called back due to a penalty. then on the following play another penalty. Now it's first and goal from the 25 yard line. Joey throws three short passes, never once tossing it up to his big receivers, and the Lions ended up kicking the Field Goal, as I predicted.

I can only hope that this was just a preseason game, and not an indication of things to come or it will be a loooong season. I couldn't bear to watch the game as it went on. Once the starters were pulled in the third quarter, the game slowed up. Garcia sucks worse then Joey, and mark my words my week 9 the fans will be wanting Dan Orlovsky, who sucks just as bad as the first two. I fear that my prediction of the Lions hosting the Super Bowl this year may fall short.

I only hope that they end up the season with a better record then the Rams, so I win two cases of beer from my father in law.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

B , it's tough to sing a positive tune after the debacle that was last night. Unless they are hiding all the skills and touchdowns for the regular season, it may be a loooong season here in Detroit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home