Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The difference between men and women

This might not be the difference between all men and women, but at least between me and Nat.
This difference is in regard to watching sports.
I have to give Nat credit, she loves going to the games, but it's how she views the games that we differ.

When Nat goes to a game she wonders where the players lives, are they married, do they have kids, do they have a girlfriend, if they are married do they ever cheat on their spouses. At the Lions game yesterday we were discussing John Madden (the same John Madden as in the Madden video games) I mentioned that he is afraid of flying and drives to all the games in his RV. The first thing that she wanted to know was what did his family think about this. He would probably be away from home for the entire season.

This thought never crossed my mind. I didn't know whether Madden has a family, as long as he called the football I was happy (After doing a bit of research I learned that he has a wife and 2 kids, and they live somewhere in California.) When I watch a game, I just like to watch, I don't care about the personal lives of the players. I don't care if a guy hasn't paid his child support in a few years, had 10 concubines, and likes to kill people. So long as he can play the game. For all I care they can let the guy out of jail for the game, and then drag his butt back to his cell when the game is done.

By using this philosophy I don't become jaded by a player, I don't care if he gets arrested or refuses to show up to camp, or commits a crime during the season.

ESPN has found the solution for Natalie though, by creating ESPN Hollywood, which goes into the personal lives of different players.

6 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Veev said...

You just nailed one of the many differences between Air and me too. Funny. I care about all that stuff that Nat cares about. I think it drives Air a little nuts.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Veev said...

BTW, who is Krunk?

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I dunno who krunk is. The first I saw him was on Air's site on the spam post, trying to get people to his dance website. I assumed he jus clicked next blog and left the message, but he seems to have stuck around.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

After reading Krunks blog, I realize that he isn't a randopm blogger. I am going to guess that he is the older brother of a friendship braclet (or former bracelet wearing) boy who lives in the area

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

it doesnt sometimes comments go on a tangent

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Veev said...

Now I'm really intrigued...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home