Monday, September 26, 2005

Teeth

I've played sports my entire life but except for a few ankle sprains I've never been hurt, never had to have stitches or surgery or anything that kept me off the field for more than a day. The only problem I have had is with my teeth. When I was 8 or 9 I fell off my bike and cracked my two front teeth, hurt like hell. Because f that I had to have 2 root canals , but that wasn't surgery, they just gave my a shot and numbed my face.

Well my teeth are at it again. for the past few days I have had terrible headaches and the source of the pain has been in my jaw. The pain was so bad that I finally called the dentist, and went in to see what was wrong. It took him all of 5 seconds to determine my problem, I need my wisdom taken out. (OF course he had to take 5 X rays after so he could charge me a ton)

So I'm going to have my first surgery, and from what I understand, it will hurt like hell. I remember when my oldest brother had his teeth out, he came home from, had a bloody towel with him. the only thing he was able to eat were milk shakes, and he couldn't use a straw cause of the stitches. He sat in front of the TV and watch movies for the next two days. I remember my sister lying on the couch for days after hers were pulled. So as you can tell I'm very excited to have these things out.

I'm not sure when I'm having the surgery, I have to call in tomorrow morning and schedule it, I want it as soon as possible because the headaches are killing me, and aspirin just isn't cutting it. ..wish me luck and godspeed

UPDATE

Friday morning at 9:30, my teeth will be taken from me:(

3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not so bad.
i had it done when i was in high school. when the gas wore off it hurt a lot, but it got better

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger BStrong said...

The actual surgery doesn't hurt because it's usually lights out. Some people swell up like a chipmunk for a few days but that’s about it. The real pain is in keeping the darn sutures clean. They give you a little syringe to fill with warm salt water to shoot into the area in and around the stitches.

Man, brings back memories. I was lucky because I was about 17 when I had mine out and the roots weren't very deep. Shu you're how old (insert evil laugh here)? I think your roots had some time to reach the bottom of your feet.

Take it easy and relax, it’s a cake walk.....unless you're a girleee muuuun.

B

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Codeine, Shu. It's all about the Codeine...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home