Monday, September 26, 2005

Renaissance Festival

Ever since we got married Nat has wanted to go to the Renaissance Festival, and I have never had any interest in going. I always had a good reason why we shouldn't go. Yesterday was the last day for this year festival, and I agreed to go. (the Lions had a bye this week) So we took Jonah (oops), my bro and sis in law who are in from Israel and another couple who we are friends with and made the pilgrimage back to the days of Yore when Wenches roamed freely in the streets and princesses were won in jousting.

I have to be honest it wasn't as bad as I thought., I assumed it would be like the state fair, which I never liked, but this was actually better. People were dressed up like they lived back in the day, and all I can say is I am glad that I wasn't living then. Although the wenches were showing more cleavage then the girls do, but the guys wear tights and I couldn't imagine watching Jousting on TVs on Sunday afternoons, so that tips the scale back to modern times.

Anyway, we watched some Jousting, it was interesting, but we couldn't understand the dialogue that preceded the guys trying to knock their enemies off their horses with a stick. we got bored of it after a bit, and continued to walk around. There was a lot of entertainment, mostly bawdy, lots of pickle vendors making suggestive comments to get girls to buy their pickles. One mother was upset that the dirty pickle vendor (in his see through green tights) wanted to "slip the pickle" to her daughter. Her daughter said I'm an adult mom, and went to make out with the pickle guy, just to show her mom that she's not a baby (O.K. I made up that part) We saw a guy do tricks with a whip, he was funny, I wasn't so impressed with the whipping skills, I think he exaggerated his skills, but he was funny.

All in all it was a good time. I think had we had more time, to see more shows (and the weather was better) it could have been better, but it is what it is, we went, we did, we saw. Nat disagreed, she wants to go back every year.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I don't think we saw dead bob. We only saw Whip Boy and some jousting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home