Wednesday, September 14, 2005

More Madden '06

Last week my lovely wife informed me that Madden '06 was on sale in honor of labor day and if I wanted to get it, this would be a good time. Without hesitation I ran off to the store and got the last one on the shelf.

I'm playing on Franchise mode ( I run the team for 30 years, I control ticket prices concession prices, and of course what happens on the field) and of course I chose my beloved Lions.

The season started off tough, I got hammered in my first 4 games. There is a big adjustment period for this game, that wasn't there in previous years because of some new features they have and It will take some time to get used to.

After my disastrous start I needed to make some changes, So i benched Joey (the QB) and started his backup Jeff Garcia (whether he's gay or not doesn't really affect this game) and I went on to win the next 2 games.

To be fair to Joey, once I benched I did play a more conservative offense running the ball more and passing less. Also a few of my TD have been defensive ones. But you can't argue with results, and until he shows me otherwise Garcia will be my starting QB.

I know that y'all found this as fascinating as I did, and I may update as to how my franchise progresses.

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger SHEV said...

i feel for your wife

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

well I scored the points of all the losing teams..Ill update it starting next week

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I'm having the same adjustment problem for NHL '05. They added so many new features that it's hard to catch up. Good luck. Your Lions'll probably do better than the real ones.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home