Monday, September 12, 2005

attention rich people

My mom told me a good story, so I'm gonna share it with you.

About a year ago a rich man died, we'll call him Rich-man, and he left behind two wills. The first will said "open immediately" and the other one said "open in 30 days." One Rich-man died, his kids opened the first will, and it said "I have a favorite pair of socks, and I'd like to be buried in them." His kids, understandably, thought this was an odd request, but if their daddy wanted to buried in his favorite pair of socks, they would bury him in them.

They went to the Chevra Kadisha, Jewish burial people, and told them of their fathers request. The Chevra told the kids (they aren't really kid's they were probably adults, but they were Rich-mans kids) that according to Jewish law he can't be buried in his socks. The kids said that their father was a learned man, and if he said he wanted to be buried in his socks, he probably learned somewhere that it was O.K. the Chevra Kadisha wouldn't allow it.

Next the kids went to the Rabbi and explained them their dilemma. The Rabbi agreed with the Chevra Kadisha, that it is prohibited, and wouldn't allow it. So Rich-man was buried, and he didn't have on his favorite socks.

After 30 days, the kids opened the the second will it said something along these line " As you know now I was worth a few million dollars when I was alive, and after I died I couldn't even take my favorite pair of socks with me"

6 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I know its true, and I knew who it was about., i chose to leave his name out, instead calling him rich-man, but thanks for validating the story

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

And, the moral of the story is... Never wear socks!
-OC

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

the moral is obviously to not work so hard

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger stillruleall said...

how long can a favorite pair of socks last? I dont like living with socks, why would he want to be buried with them? I think you should change the story to his favorite watch.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

but he didnt want a watch, he wanted a sock

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger SHEV said...

i want his money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home