Sunday, July 20, 2008

Crazy coupel of days

Life has been beyond stressful last week, we went from highs to lows and then back up high, and then reality started to sink in.

About a week and a half ago, someeone from my shul contacted me and asked if we would be interested in renting our house for a couple of years to an Israeli family that will be in Detroit for a fw years. I sai that sounded great, he told me that nothing is certain yet, they are still looking at another house.

Over Shabbos my brother in Israel was talking with the head of the program, who said that if everything checked out, they would rent our house. Their whole objective is to bring people to Israel so of course they would choose ours. I called the moving company set up a date for them to come, this whole thing started to seem real again.

On Sunday we spoke with the Israeli guy and reiterated that to us, as long as the family approved of the pictures we shouldn't have any problems. They wouldn't look elsewhere.

On Wednesday I get an Email that the family liked the house, but the Detroit contact was still looking at a different house. I called the Detroit guy to find out what was going on, and he said that he was talking with the people who contacted before me. He would have an answer for me before Shabbos. On Friday afternoon around 4:30 he called to tell me that they will rent our house.

Now reality has set in, we have about 2 and half weeks to get our stuff in order and get out of the house, the movers are coming in the beginning of August, the renters will be here in the middle around August 13th or 14th. The rent is a little lower then our monthly payments, but seemed like it was take this offer or we wouldn't be going, so we took it. Now we are trying to refinance, take out a 40 year mortgage something that will lower our payments.

Nat started getting ready for an estate sale, that will take place I believe on the first Sunday in August, and then on September 7 we get on a plane and head to Israel to start the next chapter of our lives.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Wow! That's a lot to take in. Don't forget to breathe and take it one step at a time.
-OC

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo.
Did you take a hit on the rent or was it a fair price?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home