Friday, May 02, 2008

My computer

My computer is annoying me. Over the past few weeks the mouse pad has taken a life of it's own. It enjoys racing up and down and not listening to me. After searching high and low I finally found the recipet, oddly enough it was put away with other reciepts, and discovered that I bought it last June. Plus I had a two year extended warranty. So I went in to Staples to see if they could fix or replace it, and they had me call the warranty people, and get a claim number.

The guy on the phone had me reformat my computer so it was as if it was new. I'm not sure why he thought that would fix my problem, but it did get rid of all the programs and everything else on my computer. When I asked for teh claim number, he told me that it was still under manufactuers warranty so I would have to call them.

For a few hours it worked, but then the mouse started acting up again. So I went back to Staples, my mom had said when she went there with her broken mouse they said they don't fix 'em just replace them.

When I asked about that they told me I have to mail it in to the manufacturer and they'll fix or replace it. That seems like a pain to me, so what I think I'm going to do is use Nat's laptop for the next month or so and then the warranty will be up and I can get a new laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home