Thursday, March 06, 2008

Brett Favre

I had ESPN on a few minutes ago and Brett Favre was giving his retirement press conference and he was crying for a good part of it. Why is he crying? No one is forcing him to retire, he can still play if he wanted to, this is his choice, he should be happier with. Personally, my dream is to retire before I'm 40 with enough money to last several lifetimes, I certainly wouldn't cry through my goodbyes.

As far as my feeling on Favre, and maybe this is the Packer hater in me, I think he was one of the most overrated QBs in history, thanks a lot to John Madden. I saw some articles on different sports sites ranking him, and would he be in your top 5 or 10 QB's in history, and I think that's crap. If my team has the ball with under two minutes, Favre isn't the guy I want with the ball, he's to reckless, and is prone to dumb INT's, for example, the last pass of his career.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good QB, I just think he's overrated because of the media man crush on him, and the fact that he jumps on lineman after tossing a TD. He has many records, TD and yards, but he also has thrown more INT than anyone else in history.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is cute though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home