Thursday, October 19, 2006

The good and the bad

After going months without going to see a movie in teh theater, I've gone twice in the past week. The movie I saw were polar opposites, Employee of the Month and The Illusionist.

Historically, I would prefer Employee of the Month over the Illusionist for many reasons: I like teh dumb comedies that require no thought, and I dislike movies where the actors need a bad fake accent, is made in times when there are no cars, and I have to think.

But the roles were reversed, I didn't like Employee, sure it had some laughs, but it was TOO dumb for me. The first thing I thought was teh guy who played Van Wilder should have gotten this role,, he would have been perfect, Dane Cook just didnt do it for me, and Jessica Simpson's voice annoys me.

The Illusionist was a great movie, despite all the aforementioned things I don't like in movies this overcame that and I really liked it, and recommend it.

I think that Paul Giamatti, who co-starts in the Illusionist, is really Rob Schneider. When he plays a serious role he uses the Giamatti name, and when he plays an Adam Sandler movie he uses the Schneider name. Either that or they were separated at birth.

5 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger SHEV said...

i went to see the illusionist but we ended up seeing the marine. it looked freaky tho.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

remeber when we went to tiatnic?

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger rockofgalilee said...

I think you're growing up.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

i do remember Titanic, I also seem to remember you broke the rule one I had when we went

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

ah, but you didn't know, so it all worked fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home