Thursday, October 12, 2006

121 losses or 0-16

A few years back, while the Tiger were sucking like few have sucked before, I told a friend and fellow Tiger enthusiast that I hoped they would smash the all time loss record and lose 121 games. He looked at me as if I murdered his family, or least how I assume he would look at me had I killed his family, which I did not. I told him that they aren't going to accomplish anything anyways, may as well change the history books while you're losing.

He said some things about my Tiger fandom, that I'm sure he regrets, gloated as the Tigers ended the season on a hot streak and ONLY lost 119 games. I said even when losing they come in 2nd place. poor guys couldn't even win at losing.

The other day I asked this same if, knowing that just 3 years later the Lions would have a shot at the Super Bowl, would he root for the Lions to go 0-16. This time the conversation took place over the 'net, so I couldn't see his face, but his answer was much the same. No, he would rather they go at 2-14 then 0-16, and I still have to disagree with him.

If we learn anything from history it's that the Lions can't draft, with teh exception of probably only Barry Sanders, they have wrecked many promising careers with their high draft picks, (somewhere, probably in Arizona, Matt Leinart is thanking someone that the Lions passed on him for Ernie Simms) so I'm not worried about draft position, I just think an 0-fer will guarantee change, that 2-14 won't necessarily get.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, i have to agree with you on this one.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home