Thursday, August 24, 2006

Softball

This afternoon a friend asked if I wanted to play some softball, they were missing some guys and needed an extra player. I may have played once or twice in the past 6 years, if that, but I figured it's "like riding a bike" so I said sure.

Growing up baseball was my favorite sport, I played Young Israel Softball, then Little League, and when I got to high School I played softball most Fridays, I was a top tier player, at least I think, both offensively and defensively, and I assumed that I could hit slow pitch softball.

Turns out if you don't practice swinging the bat, your swing is affected. I went 0-3 with a walk and a run, I think I had a ground out and two pop outs, but my swing didn't feel right, and I was told that it didn't look right either.

Jonah loved watching me play,(Golda - I don't know if this counts in his count of baseball games he attended. He was really cute, while his little friend was playing with some toys, he was pressed up against teh fence, cheering and clapping. Towards the end of the game one of the regular players made it, so I was rotating as a catcher (I started as the right fielder) During an inning that I was not on teh field, Jonah told me that I had to play go on teh field and play baseball, he was petty disappointed that I got benched. He would point and sya go play baseball, bt at the end of the night, he said he had fun, and he thought I was good. and I guess thats what counts

2 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

did i say that to you or soeone else?

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I think you said it to Sarra, cause she commented on it somewhere else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home