Friday, September 01, 2006

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my little boy, he turned two years old today. It's been an interesting ride, these past two years, he started out really easy to deal with, just sat wherever I put him, if he didn't like it, he didn't have much choice. I could hold him my arms and still play XBOX.

That lasted for a while, then he turned one, he was pretty bald, started getting around. Then things started to change, I think it was when his hair started growing in, or when he learned to talk. the change from 0-1 was big, but from 1-2 was crazy. He talks, understands things, knows what he wants and is lots of fun. He loves sports, don't know where we got that one from, he loves playing baseball, basketball, hockey and football- he enjoys watching them too.

I am amazed at some of the things he picks up, and I don't know many two year olds but I'm pretty sure he's one of the smarter ones around. He knows all his ABC's and can count to 14, and he knows teh last few words of most sentences in the books we read. It's more than book smart He knows that the zoo water fountain means is the Zoo- Whenever we pass by it he says "my zoo, my zoo" he knows when to clap at the baseball game, and to yell Go Tigers as loud as he can.

It's not all roses, bedtime is hell, he likes yelling "wake up daddy" when I am sleeping and he allegedly beats up his girlfriend, although I think she is to blame at least half the time,

All in all he is a joy, and I can't wait to see how he deals, and we deal, with the notorious terribe two's.

4 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Veev said...

I miss (not-)baby Jonah!!!!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

hehe!
already having issues with the girlfriend? oof!

mazal tov and may you only have tremendous nachas from him.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Happy Birthday little J!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger SHEV said...

my babys so big! duz he remember me!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home