Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Experiment

I told Jonah's babysitter this morning that if possible she shouldn't put him down for a nap.

Nat brought him home a little before 5:00 and he was a little cranky, he either wanted circle chicken or a treat. I decided that since he usually falls asleep when he eats dinner and has no nap, I would feed him earlier. I made him his circle chicken, and he stayed up the entire meal. Then he and I played while Nat went out for a half hour or so.

When she returned, we had dinner, and Jonah munched on some of our food, and for the most part behaved. After dinner, I gave him a bath, he didn't fall asleep in the tub, and then he played for a bit. Around 7:20ish he started to fall apart.

Around 20 to 8 I took him to bed read him one story, and started to sing Shema - he didn't want me to sing shema, he wanted more books, I said no and left the room. After a minute or two of crying, he fell fast asleep.

So that part worked out well, he was a little crankier than his usual self, (Nat thought he was much crankier than usual)something that will hopefully get worked out as he gets used to napless days. The final thing we have to figure out to see is what time will he wake up.

Stay tuned for more updates on fascinating story.

UPDATE:
8:38 - Jonah woke up screaming hysterically, probably confused why he was sleeping and it was only 8:38, or perhaps he was upset that he missed the start of teh World Series. Nat went in and made it all better and he's back to be asleep

1 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger The Zwicker said...

Being a disciple of the Shluffer Rebbe, I can understand Jonah's crankiness. A nap is a great thing. As George Costanza once said about napping, "That's the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home