Tuesday, October 24, 2006

HELP

Does anyone know what the normal, or average, time for a 2 year old to go to sleep? One thing I do know is that it isn't after 9:00, Or in last night case after 11:00.

Aside from sleeping, I think I have teh angel child, but for some reason he just doesn't get tired. He usually takes a nap around 1:00 and will sleep for an hour or two. Without the nap he just topples over at around 6 or 7 sometime even falling asleep in his high chair while eating lunch.
His bedtime was at 8:30 and that was when we would start the annoying process of putting him down, reading lots of books and what not, but lately we haven't even started putting him down till later than that because he so full of energy still.

The plus side of him going to sleep at 8:30 + is that he wakes up around 8 or later, which is nice, cause I don't imagine I want to hang out with him at 6:30. The downside is I (the royal I) have little to no downtime in the evenings , which sucks.

The plan for today is to eliminate his nap, and see how he does and put him to bed earlier, hopefully this will work. although it's nice when he naps for a few hours in teh afternoon, so that if Nat has to run out, she can leave him at home, and he won't disturb me while I'm working.

The only way to keep the nap and possibly get hm to sleep at a decent time is for him to start his day at 6:30 and nap before lunch, and see how that turns out, but again that would require early rising, for which I am not known.

This seems like a win lose situation and I hope the win is better than the lose.

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Air Time said...

If he misses his nap, and goes to sleep early, how is he going to watch the Tigers tonight?

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

He'll have to settle for highlights on SportsCenter when wakes up

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

sometimes saying goodbye to naptime is very neccesary, but always an adjustment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home