Sunday, April 16, 2006

Our Stupid Tree

In front of our house we have a stupid tree. There are numerous reason that I dislike the tree, for one it makes leaves and branches that fall off in the fall and I have to clean it up. It makes mowing the lawn a pain, since I have to mow around the it, and that tears up the lawn around the tree. The people who lived in our house before our loved red stones, and they put the stones around the tree, so I have little red rocks, and when I walk around the lawn without shoes there a good chance I will step on a rock and hurt my toe, additionally these rocks can't be good for my lawn mower. Finnaly, it takes away the front lawn, so Jonah can't run around and play in the front. These are all good reasons that don't like the tree, but it isn't what makes it a stupid tree.

For about two weeks or less out of a year the tree will bloom and have nice white flower buds that my wife insists are pretty. So far in the two years or so that we have lived there we haven't been home for the blooming. We moved into the house a few days after it stopped blooming, the next year we were in Pesach and now the dumb thing bloomed while we are spending the week at my parents.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I've got a kid named Jonah too! I also have a stupid tree. The dolts who built the house and landscaped it, put willows on the north side of the house, so every time it snows the branches break off and the tree looks like crap. They also but the watering system pump right next to the tree so the roots have wrapped themselves around the pump and it is no longer fixable. when it breaks I'm going to have to completely redo the entire system. Ugh.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Veev said...

I like your tree. It helps me find your house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home