Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Man's best friend?

I don't know who coined this phrase, but he probably wasn't a real social human. To me man's best friend is someone who comes over, watches some TV, has a beer, and doesn't bark at him. But that's just me.

We are now day two into the dog experiment (She still has no name) and I still don't get why people want dogs, I agree that they are cute and all, but to own them is just added responsibility that you didnt have the day before. I kinda wish the dog was like an XBOX game I can turn her on and off when I want, that I wouldn't mind so much, or if you could just rent them for a few weeks.

I know I sound like I'm bitching a lot, and truth is I don't hate the dog, I'm just getting used to having it around. This is a nice dog, and if we are gonna have a dog in the house this dog is as good as any.

Jonah loves the idea of the dog, when the dog isn't in the same room he calls "doggie doggie" but when the dog comes in the room he hops in my lap and enjoys the dog from the safety of my lap. I kinda feel bad for him because he is a bit afraid to play on the floor by himself. Hopefully within the next few days they will get used to each other (right on time for Pesach when we somehow get rid of the dog for a week) and can happily coexist. that why we are leasing the dog for now.

Nat flat out loves the dog, although she (and I ) wish that is was more trained. It is toilet trained, which is something that it can brag about to Jonah. Although Jonah likes to go up on the couch and laugh at the dog cuz it can't go on the couch. I think they have a Stewie and Brian Griffin thing going.

Why is it that a dog licks you? If a person licked you, you would be grossed out, but a dog who licks its crotch and doesn't brush it's teeth, its OK for them to lick you?

I will post pictures probably tomorrow

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

krunk, its my site if i choose to put a dog, or anything, crotch looking I will. But thanks for your input

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger E K said...

That "or anything" worries me just a bit.

note to self: view Shauli's blog with pictures off from now on

 

Post a Comment

<< Home