Sunday, March 26, 2006

Win or go home

That's been the situation for my Sunday morning basketball team the past three weeks. We did our part the past two games winning rather easily. Today was our final regular season game, if we win we are in the playoffs, possibly a 1 seed, if we lose, we need lots of help to get in.
Over the weekend we received some bad news, seems our starting point guard tore some ligaments in his arm playing ball during the week, we would have to go on without him. So far I think we won only one time without him.

The game started at 8:30 AM, and I was exhausted, I couldn't move, I didn't go around picks, didn't move on offense, it was really frustrating. I put the blame squarely on lil Jonah for the exhaustion since he kept me up for a good while in the middle of the night. Despite my early struggles, our team played well and we went into the half up a couple of points. I ended the half with 5 points, hitting my only free throw, but very annoyed at my lack of energy.

The second half was a different story for me, I somehow woke up and found the missing energy during the break. I hit 4 jumpers to help our team pull away offensively, shut my man down, and grabbed a handful of rebounds.

We won teh game and now we advance to the playoffs, once again we have an 8:30 game, which sucks, but hopefully Jonah will let me get a good nights sleep before the game

1 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Has ESPN picked up your story yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home