Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Worst. Game. Ever

The YBY gym that we play in on Tuesday night is a terrible gym. I don't know who was on committee when they built it, but it's pretty obvious it's someone who has never played basketball. The floor is tile, not wood, which makes for a very slippery and dusty floor, not very condusive to playing ball. I'm honestly surpised no one has hurt themselves and tried to sue the school, but that isn't my point.

Usually before the game someone sweeps the floor an removes a ton of dust, last night, for some reason, this didn't happen. The games were terrible, it felt like I was running through through quicksand. I don't remember having less fun playing basketball in my life.

5 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

we tried to switch to Akiva, they started playing on Monday nights after the girls, but it's a bad timing, and to rent out the J would probably be expensive

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger O's fan said...

We tried getting the Bais Yaakov gym, but we were flatly told there was no way. We've got some feelers out on the Akiva floor, but I'm not holding my breath. The JCC's already rented out at that time by some guys I used to play bnai brith with. They have it from 8:30-10 or so.
The court at YBY is pretty bad, but playable. Last night was completely unbearable.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger The Zwicker said...

I'm no longer upset that I missed last night. For what it's worth, I heard that the Monday night game at Akiva stinks. The talent level is so low that I could probably dominate, were it not for the incessant fouling. For example, my brother said that one of the Israelis put his hand on my brother's shoulder to vault himself up to get a rebound and keep my brother away. When my brother called a foul, the Israeli said, "But that's how we play in Israel." The other Israelis readily agreed and they are the ones who organized the game.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you mean "But zat's chow vee play een Eezrael"?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger SHEV said...

the bais yaakov gym is awesome but they dont use it for anythin...waste of moola

 

Post a Comment

<< Home