Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gas prices

On my way home from Kzoo yesterday I stopped to buy some gas. I also wanted chocolate and pop, ya know, driving food. So i opted to pay inside so I could charge it all at once. So I fill up my car, walk inside and I hear the girl behind the counter speaking into the intercom " Sir - if you wait a minute to fill up your gas tank, I'm lowering the price 3 cents a gallon." I sorta signed and said "Oh man" and she just looked at me and was like "I'm sorry" They couldn't give the cheaper price, since when I put it in my tank, it cost 2.29.

7 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Air Time said...

are you interested in playing rotisserie or fantasy baseball?

Sorry, I don't know your email address.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Shu, you would have saved less than 60 cents.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Shu, you would have saved less than 60 cents.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Damn those corporate hounds!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger DonutsMom said...

Krunk, she didn't warn him. She warned the person who pulled up after him.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Veev - I didn't complain to them or make a big deal about it because I knew it wasn't much money. But Adina is right, its the principle of the thing that annoyed me.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Veev said...

I know. But why don't you save your energy for things that make you really mad? All I'm saying is to put small things into perspective. We all know there are enough big things to keep us busy. And driving ourselves crazy for less than a dollar reminds me of my weathy grandparents who go to three supermarkets to get the best deal on 4 cans of tuna.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home