Monday, April 11, 2005

New Giedeons

In my fiorst week on my new job, I stopped by an insurance guys office to see if he was interested in advertising with us. During our conversation I mentioned that I had recently moved to White Oak, and my hoiuse was directly behind his office. I was trying to create a connection with the guy, so he would advertise with us. H ewasnt interested, he does his advertising through his parent company. After he toldme that I was ready to leave, but then he started about the New Gideons and his religeous beliefs and crap. For some reason I just let hiom talk, I didnt want to be rude, and tell him I didnt care, and I didnt have anywhere else to go. So he rambled on for a few minutes about his people, and before I was able to escape, he gave me the new testament,which they had included, Psalms and Provberbs "because they were pretty". I left his office and tossed out the testament, and forgot about the whole thing. Untill now, I was in Detroit over the weekend, and when I retruned there was an envolope with my name in it. I opened it up and there was a letter form the new gideon, he asked how I was, wanted to know if read his bible yet, because he would like it if I stopped by his office to discus with him.
Well this totally freaked Nat out, she called me an idiot for telling thsi guy where I lived (she has a point) Although at the time I didnt think anything of it.
So I'm ignoring his letter, I thought about going to his office and telling him I'm not interested, I just didnt want to be rude, but that was voted down. The hope is that he doesnt try to contact me again. Otherwise I just may have to tell him off.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

what exactly are new gideons. Sounds like a cult Gedalia could start.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Menachem said...

you might have to kill him

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I don't know what they are, but i bet if i went back to his office, he would let me know, and then tell me to join in the fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home