Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A chanukah miracle?

It is pouring tonight, I guess that's part one of the miracle.
About 20 minutes after I got into bed, the storm was raging, I could hear the wind smacking into my building, and then I heard a loud and long crack of thunder. My first thought was " Crap, that'll wake up at least kid." It didn't, but for some reason, it got me out of bed. I enjoy watching a nice rain storm as much as the next guy, I couldn't see how hard the rain was from my room, so I figured I would go to the porch.
The lights were all out, and I stepped in a big puddle of water next to the couch. I assumed I left a cup on the floor and it must have gotten knocked over, then I saw that there was a huge puddle, and it was coming from my porch.
The drain on the porch must have gotten backed up, and the water was coming in through the door. There was a lot of it, and this had started within the past 15 minutes. I started squee-G-ing out the floor as fast as I could, I put towels in front of teh door to slow down teh water and I jammed a stick in teh drain to try and unblock it...I was succesful, it is now nicely drained.
Baruch Hashem I gor out of bed to see the storm, or who knows if I would have had to swim to the front door when I woke up.

4 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Turns out there was junk clogging the drain..Our landlord's brother came out this morning and pulled out lots of dirt, and what was either a ball or a sponge...

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger DonutsMom said...

Because yes, we did have to swim to the front door when we woke up.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a extreme long range forecast for next week for snow. These long range forecasts are not 100% accurate, but at least they give an indication of some weather system that might develop.

stuff:
Tonight is only a chilly 8 C. There might be condensation on the walls already, try to wipe it off and also remember to air out the house in the morning to avoid mold.

Most of Ariel between 550-650 metres elevation.

The stream park (park ha'nachal, park hawadi) is really cool when it rains. It is a natural draining path and it turns into a raging stream is even moderate rain.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

we have condensation on the mirpeset door, Jonah wanted to know how it rained in the house

 

Post a Comment

<< Home