Sunday, August 03, 2008

reality

Last night as I turned out the lights before going to sleep it hit me that this may be the last time I sleep in my house. Tonight is the first night that we have moved in with my parents. (not a great idea to move into a house with a pool during the 9 days). For the next two to three months we will pretty much be homeless. (Although, to be honest, I've always considered this my house also).

It hit me that this is really happening, we aren't just talking about making aliyah, leaving our friends, we are actually going through with it.

Technology is such, that we will have a local number and both Nat and I have computers with webcams, so once we get used to the time changes we will still be able to stay close with the friends we are leaving behind. But as nice it is to still be in touch it won't be the same. My close friends from here I met playing basketball with (I pretty much plan on using this strategy to make friends in Israel) luckily our friendships have gone beyond the court, we played football together:) but I know that no amount of technology can get us back on the court together again, without a long plane trip..or if we play XBOX Live, but the time difference would make that tough.

I told Jonah that he will be able to send video mail to his friends, but that won't be the same as running around playing and growing up together.

I know that this is the right decision for us.... I know that we will stay in touch with our friends, make new friends, our friends will make new friends, life will go one...but that doesn't make it an easy decision

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

No, it sure as hell isn't easy. But then again, regardless of all the technological advancements in the world, making Aliyah, moving half away around the world will never be a piece of cake.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home