Monday, July 24, 2006

long gross story

Ahhh the joys of fatherhood. I had some nice bonding time with my boy today. This afternoon I took him to the Dr. to check out his ears. Lately he has been waking up in the middle of the night, tugging at his ears, and telling us that they hurt. During the day he has been perfect, but we figured we should check it out. We hung out forever at the docs office waiting to be seen, not really sure what the point of having an appointment if you're seen within an hour of the scheduled time, but that's a rant for a different time. I guess the wait was worth it because his ear is infected, and the doc gave us free samples of medicine to use.

We had dinner plans at the former Boston Zacks with my aunt, uncle and cousin, so Jonah didn't really get a nap and he was in a pretty crappy mood, had a few bites of pizza, but mainly stayed on my lap, with his head on my shoulders. Towards the end of the meal the wife somehow pulled a miracle, separated him from me and got him to play with his cousins.

Then my aunt offered to take everyone out for ice cream, and that's where the story gets gross. At this point, Jonah is in a pretty good mood, we got him a scoop of vanilla ice cream. He didn't want vanilla, he wanted my peanut butter and chocolate. He climbed back in my lap, and was trying to get some ice cream on his spoon. I wasn't really paying attention to him, when I felt a warm sensation on my stomach.

Nat was telling me that he threw up at me, I looked down, and sure enough I was soaked with vomit, I looked at him, and he threw up more, if you want a visual, imagine opening a shaken can of pop - it was spraying on me. He must have thrown up 4 or 5 times on me. I couldn't stop watching, no matter how gross it was, it was like a car crash, and I couldn't take my eyes off, or turn him away. My shirt was covered in chunks of food, I could see what he ate for the past 24 hours.
While he was puking, I couldn't stop laughing. I know I have issues, but it's not often you see someone projectile vomit from that angle, and I had to laugh. When he was all done, and Nat had taken him to the bathroom to go wash up (where he threw up one more time) I nearly lost dinner (like 6 pieces of pizza and ice cream) when the smell hit me.

I left the Baskin Robbins, went outside, managed to get my shirt off, then headed to my car, where I could get more privacy, and took off my shorts, so that I wouldn't nasty up my car, got in the car and went home.

Here's more grossness (is that a word?)

When I looked at my shirt I was sure that I saw beans in the barf, but I couldn't think of when he had beans, we didn't have cholent on shabbos. Nat was pretty sure it was raisins, but I was still positive that it was beans. As I am typing this, I realized that he had beans last night during a BBQ. So it safe to assume I also had last nights hot dogs on me. Now that you've heard the story you may see some pictures taken by my brother.


3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I was wondering if anyone saw me shirtless. He seemed to be doing fine when he got up this morning, so we sent off to the babysitter

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger E K said...

Wow, that's lovely. Our younger son (Yonatan Uziel) does that all the time, but since he's only two months old and nurses, it's usually just curdled milk. I totally hear you about the barfing five times in a row, though.

Truly, just lovely.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Yishai said...

uhh, I saw you driving shirtless. I need one of those Men In Black memory erasers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home